Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lighthouse Tour and Sad Goodbye! :(

Sorry for all the horrible typos on my last two post. I was in a hurry to write them and failed to proof-read before posting. I went back and looked at it today and felt embarrassed knowing you guys had to read that!   

Last night, we went to the beach for my parents to play in the water one more time before they leave and I made Dijon Roasted Salmon and Asparagus for dinner. 

I wanted to post pictures from the beach, but I think they were deleted when Huck uploaded them to my moms computer. I wanted you guys too see how big the waves were. I'll get her to email them to me. 

Dijon Roasted Salmon
  • 2 lb Salmon 
  • 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard 
  • 1/2 Tbsp Honey
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Preheat oven to 350. 
    • Combined Mustard and Honey together. 
    • Spray a foil lined baking sheet with cooking spray and add salmon.  
    • Brush on mustard mixture.
    • Bake uncovered for 20 minutes (Cooking times may vary due to thickness.)
    • Remove from oven and serve.
  I used a recipe I found on Skinny Taste for Sauteed Asparagus With Dijon.


We tried Jim's Place for breakfast. I ordered the Stuffed Biscuit with Gravy, Cheese, Grated Ham, and Scrambled Eggs. It was SOOOOO good! The gravy tasted spicy and the biscuit was light and flaky. SUPER HEALTHY Right?! :) Everyone else really enjoyed their food as well! For the price, the food was very tasty, and the portions were very large! 


After eating, we took my parents to the lighthouse. 




 It was really windy today as you can tell!!
The wind almost blew my sunglasses off my face!



When we came back home, I took my mom for a bike ride around the neighborhood. 



My mommy took a picture of all of us before they left, too. Us and our furry/crossed eyed kids.
My parents left around 1 to start their trip back to Georgia! I started crying as they pulled way! Really I started crying before, but I had my sunglasses on and was able to control it a little better. When their car started pulling away, I couldn't hold it in anymore! I already miss them!! I hate not being able to see them whenever I want. Ewww Why can't they move here!?!? 

Huck did everything he could to make me feel better this afternoon! He took me to the beer supply store, to get the supplies, to make my first batch of beer. I plan to make a Key Lime and Mango Wheat. I started to make it tonight, but it was so late, we decided to wait until tomorrow.  

Now off to bed. Busy day tomorrow! Easter with one of my old coworkers family and brewing at the Brew Bar. I hope everyone has a great Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...