Huck has been asking for Chicken Noodle Soup since we moved in, so yesterday on our way home, he told me he wanted to make Chicken Noodle with the leftover Turkey. This is Huck's recipe for CNS, but I started adding Bay and Thyme for added flavor.
- 2 Cups Turkey (or Chicken) -Cooked and Dice
- 3-4 Medium Carrots- Diced
- 1/4 Onion-Diced
- 1 Tsp Dry Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock
- Cooking Spray
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Package Egg Noodles or Favorite Pasta
- Dice onions, carrots, and meat.
- Preheat pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add carrots and onions. Saute until tender.
- Add Chicken Stock, Turkey, Garlic, Thyme, Bay Leaf, and pepper and reduce heat to Medium Low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Egg Noodles to soup or cook in a separate pot according to package instructions.
- Check spices and add salt as needed. (Chicken Stock can be salty if not using Low Sodium or homemade, so taste before adding salt.)
|Everything ready to go|
|Sunset from our balcony.|