Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday Tradition

Every year, on Black Friday, I go to Kohls for their Early Bird Sale. I never get there early though, but around 10AM most of the shoppers have left and they always have the best deals on Bed and Bath stuff. This year I bought a cute rug for the front door (pictures tomorrow), new bedroom comforter, and a dress for me :). I spent $222, but I saved $375 and I received $60!!! in Kohls Cash to use next week. More dresses!!

Huck has been asking for Chicken Noodle Soup since we moved in, so yesterday on our way home, he told me he wanted to make Chicken Noodle with the leftover Turkey. This is Huck's recipe for CNS, but I started adding Bay and Thyme for added flavor. 

Turkey Soup
  • 2 Cups Turkey (or Chicken) -Cooked and Dice
  • 3-4 Medium Carrots- Diced
  • 1/4 Onion-Diced
  • 1 Tsp Dry Thyme
  • 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Bay Leaf
  • 6 Cups Chicken Stock
  • Cooking Spray
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 1 Package Egg Noodles or Favorite Pasta
    1. Dice onions, carrots, and meat. 
    2. Preheat pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add carrots and onions. Saute until tender. 
    3. Add Chicken Stock, Turkey, Garlic, Thyme, Bay Leaf, and pepper and reduce heat to Medium Low.
    4. Simmer for 30 minutes. 
    5. Add Egg Noodles to soup or cook in a separate pot according to package instructions.  
    6. Check spices and add salt as needed. (Chicken Stock can be salty if not using Low Sodium or homemade, so taste before adding salt.)
I usually make Grilled Cheese to go with our soup, but since I ate so much yesterday, I left it out this time.  

Everything ready to go


Sunset from our balcony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...