Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A day of food!

Yesterday while we were shopping at Publix, I seen a recipe for Stuffed French Toast and Hashbrown Casserole. I love hashbrowns and French toast, perfect combo right? (We only went in to Publix to get chips to go with our sandwiches, but we left with $40 worth of food!!) So, this morning I woke up early to make breakfast before we went to Homestead, FL. After I spending 45 minutes making what looked like a great meal,  it was in the trash 45 seconds after I sat down to eat. I followed the directions exactly (first problem). I thought about toasting the bread before soaking in the egg mixture (Trick I seen Bobby Flay do) With the Yogurt and jelly, it made the whole thing soggy. I was very disappointed and mad I wasted so much money. I think I will stay away from the Aprons meals.



After we went to Huck's first stop, we played a new game. We decided to stop at the first none fast food restaurant we came too on our side of the road. Tijuana Flats it is! I ordered the Dos Taco's with Chicken and a side of Rice and Beans. Tijuana Flats' Tacos are not like normal Tacos. One Taco is made with a 10" tortillas.

I ate EVERYTHING!!! 

Action Shot


For dinner, I made Horseradish and Cheddar Burgers and Tater Tots. Not the healthiest meal. After Thanksgiving, I will start working on eating healthier ;)

Horseradish and Cheddar Burgers
  • 1 lb Ground Sirloin
  • 2-3 Tbsp Horseradish
  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
    •  Mix Meat, Horseradish, Cheese and S&P together.
    • Form into Patties
    • Grill until desired temp. (I personally like my burgers medium well) 
      • I served with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Onion.
I cooked Bacon in the oven for the first time tonight. What took me so long?? Why hasn't anyone told me about this before?? I placed the Bacon on a sheet pan and put it in the oven with the Tater Tots. No Mess. No Grease to Clean!! AWESOME!!!

Huck stole a Tater Tot

My mess! 

BACON!! 

By the way, it was 87 degrees in Homestead today :) 

haha

The front of our neighborhood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...