Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mini Break Down

I was packing this morning and Huck was working on his computer. I decided to take a break and logged into Facebook. My mom wrote me a message about how she was going to miss me. It made me really sad. She is my best friend and knowing that I can not drive 30 minutes down the road to see her anymore is sad and scary all at the same time. I called for Huck, who freaked out because I was crying. He came and sat with me on our air mattress with the dogs, hugged me, and told me everything was going to be OK.

Today my heart is in my throat. I am so happy for you both, but sad at the same time. We all will miss you both and wish ya the best of luck on your new adventures in Fla. Words can't express how proud we are of what you have become. Ya know it was 26 years ago on the 22nd of this month your dad and I bought this home where we raised 2 beautiful young ladies. Now they are both grown and gone. I know you have not lived here in a long time but, moving out of state seems like I've lived this before about 40 years ago with my mom. We both will miss both of you, be happy, and safe. Good luck, mom PS will see ya sometime today call me when you get up.

My Mommy 

My Support Group

Potato Hash with Smoked Pork and Fried Egg 

After my break down, I thought making breakfast would make me feel better. One of my favorite things to make is Hash. You can use anything leftover in the refrigerator and it is so easy. I do not really have a recipe for it, but more of a method for what you need. :) Any meat or vegetables will work. 
  •  Potatoes-Large Dice
  • Olive Oil
  • Onion- Chopped
  • Peppers- Diced (I use Jalapenos and bell peppers)
  • Garlic
  • Meat 
  • Eggs
  • Cajun Seasoning
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Tabasco   
  1. Boil Potatoes until they start to soften slightly. 
  2. Saute onions, garlic, and peppers in Olive Oil, and add potatoes, meat and spices. 
  3. Make a flat layer of the potatoes in pan and allow to crisp up on the outside. 
  4. Spray pan with none stick cooking spray, and break egg into pan. 
  5. Flip egg over and cook other side, but leave yolk runny. This will make the sauce for the hash.
           Serve hash with egg on top and a few drops (or a lot) of Tabasco. 

When you break into the egg, the yolk will create a sauce to mix with the potatoes. This breakfast is always good after a night of drinking. I came up with the idea one day when I wanted Waffle House Hash Browns, but was to lazy/hungover to leave the house. I think they are a million times better then Waffle House, and I do not feel as guilty afterwards. I use to count every single calorie I consumed and a pretty good serving was in the low 300's. I do not use a lot of oil though.    
Hard to make fried egg with a plastic spoon, but perfect way to use leftover Smoked Pork. Potato Hash. Umm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...