Monday, November 21, 2011

Pork Chops and AppleSauce

For breakfast/lunch I had the leftover "Gumbo Soup" and cookies. I love Nestle's Chocolate Chip Cookies!! They really make the best cookies. I try to make cookies, but the only ones that turn out descent are my beer cookies. I am not a baker!! I hate measuring ingredients and being precise. My friend Shelly makes the desserts.
Yea I ate all of these!!!
I seen a picture for Pork Chops and Applesauce a few weeks ago on Pinterest, and I have been craving it every since. I did not have any milk for the Mashed Potatoes, so I decided since I was using stock for the pork chop sauce, I would use it in the potatoes too. It worked really well. Lower in fat and calories also, but with even more flavor then the milk.

I do not follow recipes by the way. I look at recipes and pictures for ideas that I use later. I have 10+ years of Food Network, cookbooks, culinary school, and food magazine information in my head. I believe all my recipes are original with pieces of the ideas coming from many different places. If I ever follow a recipe or adapt a recipe, I will give credit to that person, recipe, or blogger. With dinner tonight, just mixed in what I had on hand and hoped it came out OK. Sometimes, I will surprise myself with how good a dish is. Other times, I can't believe how bad I did.

Pork Chops

  • 1 lb Pork Chops
  • 1 Tbsp Paprika 
  • 1/2 Tbsp Dried Minced Onion
  • 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder 
  • 3/4 Tbsp Sage
  • 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper
  • 3/4 Tbsp Dried Thyme
  • 1/4 Cup Flour 
  • 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
  1. Combine dry seasonings together. Sprinkle both sides of Pork. There will be extra.  
  2. Pat pork chops in flour to lightly coat both sides.  
  3. Heat pan over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. 
  4. Heat until almost cooked through. 
  5. Remove from pan. Pour chicken stock into pan and scrap pan to release pan drippings.
  6. Add butter and return pork chops to pan to cook through. 
Applesauce
  • 3 Apples- Peeled, Cored, Diced (I used Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and Gala)
  • 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
  • 1 Tsp Fresh Lemon
  • Piece of Fresh Lemon Peel
  1. Combined all ingredients into pan. 
  2. Cook over low heat for one hour and remove lemon peel
  3. Use food processor to blend until smooth or serve chunky.   
Smashed Potatoes

  • 1 1/2 lb Potatoes
  • 3 Tbsp Butter
  • 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  1. Dice potatoes with or without skins. Boil until tender. 
  2. Drain potatoes and return to the pan. Add butter and stock.
  3. Using potato masher, lightly mash potatoes. 
  4. Check seasonings and add salt and pepper as needed. 
Steamed Green Beans
  • 1 lb Green Beans
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  1. Add green beans, salt and pepper into microwavable safe bowl. Add a few tablespoons water to bowl. 
  2. Cover and microwave 4-6 minutes. (I like my green beans soft, so I cooked them for 6 minutes. 

Apples


The Sauce on the pork chops was the best part of the dish. 



He lives for the moment I drop something on the floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...