Sunday, November 20, 2011

First Trip to the Beach

After waking up at 8AM to London Barking, I was not very happy with either of them today. I spent the next two hours Googleing training tips for dogs with separation anxiety. London freaks out when Huck leaves the room, and it is getting worse the more he is around him. I was in tears after reading all the articles. It is not just an easy fix. Why can't our dogs just be good?? :'(

After smoking up the house with my bacon from breakfast (I will never cook bacon on the stove again), Huck wanted to take the dogs to the beach. I was still mad at them and was not looking forward to it, but agreed anyways. We drive to the beach which is less then 10 minutes from the house. Jupiter has a 2.5 mile area of beach that allows dogs. Ginny and London walked all the way to the waters edge. They were so excited until they realized that the water would chase them down. London was knocked over by a wave and Ginny did a funny dance all the way back to dry land. After that, they did not want to go near the water. Huck and Ginny went for a run down the beach while me and London people watched. I want to go Kite Surfering now. They make it look so easy.


Kite Surfers


London just chillin 

Ears just flapping in the wind


It is coming for me!! HELP!! 


    

After coming back home and giving the Yahoos a bath, we got ready to have lunch with a coworker of Huck's, Terry and his wife Lynn. We went to Jumby Bay Island Grill in Downtown Abacoa. During Happy Hour they offer half price appetizers. We ordered the Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail. Huck loves Jumbo Shrimp. For my main course, I ordered the Blacken Chicken Sandwich with Pasta Salad. It was really good, but was a little dry. It needed a sauce or something. I started dipping it in the liquid from Huck's food. He ordered the "Jumby"laya. It was like Gumbo Soup with Shrimp, Sausage, and Chicken. It came out in a bowl big enough to feed the whole table.  Terry and Lynn both ordered the Cuban, which, I will order next time. The portions were huge for the price and they also had 2 for 1 beers (I'm starting to think they do this everywhere) 

Blacken Chicken and Pasta

The biggest bowl in the world

We took Terry and Lynn to the ocean and drove around Jupiter Island. It has the second highest per capita income of any other area in the country. People like Tiger Wood, Burt Reynolds, Alan Jackson, and Celine  Dion own homes on the island. Most of the homes have a main entrance and then a service entrance. We passed Tiger Woods house but you can not see it from the road. This is what $54 Million can buy you, Tiger Wood's Home.

I also bought a Swiffer Sweeper Vac today. It is awesome!! I used it on the steps today to pick up what little hair was left by Ginny. It cost $40 but so far seems to be worth every penny. 



I also found my favorite snack while in Italy:) 
Huck's Leftover Lunch with extra Shrimp and Homemade Cheese Toast Made a Great/Cheap Dinner

Dinner and a Movie


Tomorrow, we go to Miami and I'm making Pork Chops and Apple Sauce :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...