Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blogging Hiatus

I'm Back!! After taking a few days off from blogging, I have lots to catch you guys up on. I haven't been cooking a lot the past few days. One night, I had Ramen Noodles, a can of tuna, and veggies. Gourmet Noodles!! I am determined to eat better this week!

A few days ago, we tried out a new restaurant by our house. Pyro Grill is like Moe's, but their meat had more flavor. Huck ordered the Jumbo Steak Burrito, and I ordered the Slim Shredded Beef Burrito with the (Not Spicy) Spicy Sauce. 



After eating at Pyro Grill, I went to the DMV to get my drivers license changed to Florida. It is official... I am a Floridian! It makes our move here seem more real. No more state taxes though :) 

For lunch yesterday, I made Fish Po'Boys with a side salad. 

Homemade Fish Sticks
  • 8 oz White Fish- Cut into strips
  • 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Preheat oven to 350.
    • Mix together panko and seasonings.
    • Roll fish in bread crumbs to coat. (I did not use oil or egg was but you can if the crumbs are not sticking to the fish.)
    • Place on a rack and bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish is flaky. 
      • Enjoy!
This recipe was so easy, and the Panko made them really crunchy. 




The Roman Lettuce and tomatoes are fresh from the Abacoa Community Garden. We went out yesterday morning and helped plant some beans, swiss chard, and okra. Can't wait until next month, when the Okra is ready.

We came home with a bag full of Bok Choy, Kale, tomatoes, eggplant, and lots of fresh herbs. 

I can't wait to try Baked Kale Chips this week! 

Last night, we dressed up in our Green and rode our bikes downtown to celebrate St Patty's Day. 


"Can I go... PLEASE!!!!" 
"Take the picture!!"

Last night made for great people watching. We came back around 1130, and I walked straight in and passed out on the couch. I was tired!

Now we are off to make beer with some people we met last week at the Beer Competition. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday! 

2 comments:

  1. you look so pretty in that picture i miss yall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you more!! Come down with mommy and daddy and see me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...