Friday, March 9, 2012

First Published Article!!


Tonight's dinner has been cooking in the crock pot all day. And it smells great!  

The problem with smelling great food all day, is I wanted to eat all day!! 





Horseradish Pork Stew
  • 2 lb Pork Stew Meat (or Beef)
  • 1 Tbsp Oil 
  • 1/4 Cup Flour
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 2 Cups Beef Stock
  • 4 Cloves Garlic
  • 2 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish 
  • 2 Tbsp A1 Steak Sauce
  • 1 Bay Leaf
  • 1/4 Cup Flour
  • 2 Cups Mushrooms- Sliced
    • Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Mix together flour, salt, and pepper.
    • Lightly dust meat in flour.
    • Cook meat in stages to not over crowd the pan. Brown meat on both sides and remove. 
    • While the meat is cooking, add the 1 1/2 cup stock, garlic, horseradish, A1, mushrooms and Bay leaf to slow cooker. 
    • Add browned meat to pan. 
    • Mix reserved stock with flour and stir well to remove any lumps. 
    • Add mixture to slow cooker.  
    • Cook on High for 4 hours or low for 8. 
      • Check season and add more as needed while cooking. 
      • Serve over Parsley Potatoes. 
Parsley Potatoes
  • 2 lbs Potatoes- Large Cubes
  • 1/4 Cup Parsley- Chopped
  • 1/4 Cup Butter
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Add potatoes to pot and heat over medium. 
    • Add salt and cook until tender. 15-20 minutes. 
    • Drain and mix with parsley and butter. 
      • Serve with Horseradish Meat Stew 
Waiting for something to fall on the floor!


Today was a special day!! I stopped by the Abacoa POA to talk about next months article (which is awesome by the way) and they gave me a copy of the paper with my article in it. The name of my column is Eating Healthy In Abacoa! I'm not going to lie, I had the biggest smile on my face when I showed Huck! I know it is a small paper, but it is really exciting to see my recipe in the paper!! 

Next months article will reference my blog. I was hesitant/embarrassed to post information about my blog with my article. Now I wish I did! Oh well!   

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...