Thursday, March 8, 2012

More Beer Cookies!


You will never guess what we had for dinner tonight... Wait for it.... TACOS! Huck asked if I have done a post for tacos yet? Yea, about once a week :)

Since I figured you guys were sick of seeing my Tacos, I am adding a recipe I made a while back. These are some of the best cookies I have ever!! I may see if I can talk Huck into letting me use his newest brew for another batch.

I used one of Huck's Wheat beers to make a glaze for these cookies. The recipe for the cookies came from the lid of the Quaker Oats container. I added a few extra ingredients to the dough and glazed them with the reduced beer.

Buck's Brew. No labels for the bottles yet :(

Reducing the beer. This was right before it burned, so do not walk away. It only takes a few minutes and if it becomes to dark START OVER! Burnt beer does not taste good. Trust me!

Not the best plate to use when taking a picture of Orange glazed cookies.


Huck's Own Honey Orange Oatmeal Cookies
  • 1 stick plus 6 Tbsp Butter 
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup AP Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups uncooked Oats
  • 1/2 cup Pecans (or any nut)
  • 1/2 cup Toffee Bits
  1. Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars.
  2. Add eggs and vanilla. 
  3. Combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. 
  4. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in a few batches. 
  5. Add oats, nuts, and toffee. 
  6. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake 8-10 minutes. (Huck likes his cookies crispier, so I cook his for 13-15 minutes. I like mine gooey, so I cook them for 6-8 minutes.)
Wheat Beer Glaze

Reduce any fruity wheat beer over medium heat until it becomes thick. Drizzle beer over warm cookies and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...