Here is the recipe I promised yesterday. I hope you enjoy. This really is one of my favorites! You can make the tomato mixture a day before and assemble the packets a few hours before dinner. Then when you are ready to cook, just place the sheet pan in the oven. Great meal for entertaining!
Mediterranean Fish Packets
- 4 Roma Tomatoes- Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion- Chopped
- 1 Roasted Bell Pepper- Jarred or Freshly Roasted- Chopped
- 10 Kalamata Olives- Pitted and Roughly Chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic- Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Capers- Drained
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley- Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano- Chopped (Or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 lb Linguine (Dried or Fresh)
- 4 White Fish Fillets (Cod, Flounder, Tilapia, Swordfish)
o Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
o Cook pasta according to package directions. Cook pasta until it is just tender. It will continue to cook in the oven.
o In a large bowl combined tomatoes, onion, peppers, olives, garlic, capers, wine, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste and allow ingredients to marinate together for 20 minutes or overnight.
o Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
o Lay out a piece of parchment paper about 12 inches. Spoon in a ¼ of the pasta in the middle of the paper. Add a few 1/3 of a cup of tomato mixture, then place the fish on top. Top fish with another 1/3 of a cup of tomato mixture.
o Bring the sides of the parchment paper together and fold down. Foil the sides up to seal packet.
o Place packets on a sheet pan and cook for 12-15 minutes.
o Serve from packets by cutting the packet open down the middle. Be care because steam inside can be very hot.