Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Southern Classics




Sleeping on the job again!! 

After all the nasty/greasy food yesterday, I was not feeling well this morning. I wanted some fruit and yogurt for breakfast, but did not get up in time to stop at the store on the way to work. I settled for a Peanut Butter Clif Bar and apple juice instead. The apple juice counts as a fruit, right? I realized I had yogurt in my fridge when I was getting dinner ready. Darn!

I forgot to take a picture!

For lunch, Huck brought me a Jerk Turkey with Chipotle Gouda Cheese sub with lots of veggies. If you haven't tried this sub from Publix walk away from your computer now, get in your car, and go to Publix! You will thank me later! Trust me!! 


Chips do not equal veggies though. 

I have been a little home sick this week, and thought some Southern Classics would be a perfect way to make me feel better! I think my Grandparents would be proud of me for this one!! 

I cooked some collard greens, corn on the cob, and ribs with my homemade Beerbecue Sauce

For the ribs I made a dry rub for them to marinate in and boiled them (I know some people will frown upon this but oh well!) I boiled them for 1.5 hours and coated them in Beerbecue Sauce and cooked on my grill pan. 

Collard Greens 
  • 5 Cups Collard Greens- Chopped
  • 1/2 Cup Broth from Ribs or 1/2 Cup Beef Stock
  • 2 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
  • 1-2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Heat pan over Medium heat
    • Add broth, garlic, and crushed red pepper to pan. 
    • Saute one minute and add Collard Greens. 
    • Cook 15-20 minutes until wilted and tender. 
      • Enjoy!!
This seems like a bunch of greens for two people but it was barely enough.

Multitasking AKA making a mess for Huck :) 

These is what I mean about the greens! 

Yummy!

Try not to lick the screen! 

Dinner was followed by a dessert that reminds me of home!


When I tell people I am from Georgia, they always ask why I do not have an accent. No one in my family really does.

That was another edition of WIAW and this week had some green stuff! :)

What meal reminds you of home? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...