Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bacon really is the best food ever!

A picture I took last night. I love the palm trees!! 
Oatmeal

  • 1/2 Cup Old Fashion Oats 
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 2 Tbsp Golden Raisins
  • 1 Cup Water or Milk
  • 5 or 6 Strawberries Sliced
    • Mix oats, honey, raisins, and water together. 
    • Microwave at 50% for 5 minutes. (Use a deep bowl to prevent oats from overflowing.)
    • Serve with Strawberries   
I forgot to take a picture until I was almost finished. 
After breakfast, I straightened up the house and made my grocery list for the week. Since I spent a little extra money last week, I set our budget for $20. It would of been $20 too if hungry Huck wouldn't have gone to Publix with me (Love you baby!!!) Publix did have some really good deals on a few things we us a lot of, so we stocked up on them. Huck also wanted BLT's for lunch, so we bought bacon. (Bacon was almost $6. That was over 1/4 of my original budget.) We ended up spending $40! Double what I originally want to spend! To make up for completely blowing our grocery budget, we decided we would take the extra $20 from our eating out budget, so it worked out ok. Last week, we only ate out once when we had pizza in Fort Lauderdale. We spent $15 for both of us. As long as we do not spend any more money this week I will only be $2 over my budget for the past two weeks. I am ok with that :) 

BTL, Chips, and Orange! Yummy!

    
A guy I use to work with wrote something on his Facebook page that I wanted to sure, "Money can't buy happiness... but it can buy more bacon and and that is pretty damn close!"  I love bacon! 

Now off to fire up the grill. Chicken and asparagus. My life revolves around meal time!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...