Monday, January 2, 2012

Unexpected day off

The doctor I work for was sick today, so after a few hours they sent me home. I was really happy when they told me I could go because all I was doing was standing around. But that is all I have done for the past 2 weeks.

Me and Huck decided to go to Sal's for their cheap $6.99 lunch, and came home and watched the GA game. A horrible game. It is so cute to see Huck get so mad.

I was busy this afternoon and couldn't believe how fast the afternoon went. I cooked chicken and rice soup with spent grain bread for dinner, practiced estimates with Xactimate and researched our next project. 





Real Food.

I recently found Lisa Leake's blog 100 Days of Real Food. After spending a lot of time looking at her post and discussing it with Huck, we decided on Sunday we will start a Real Food Challenge. The goal is to eliminate processed food from our diet. I originally thought about just doing the 10 day challenge on her website, but I do not feel that is long enough. Huck, I'm sure, thinks that is 9 days to long. I am excited to take on this challenge. This week we are only eating the food we have here in hopes of clearing out all the processed food from the house. Starting next week we will not be eating anything from a can, bottle, box, or bag, no refined sugar or grains, and no fast food (this one will be easy). Huck only agreed to this because craft beer and tea are allowed.  

I look forward to trying new recipes and can't wait to share with everyone how we do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...