Monday, January 16, 2012

Molten Lava Cake Made Easy

I made a mess pouring the batter into the ramekins.


Yesterday, we planned to go to the Jupiter Lighthouse, but Huck worked until 1:30 and the lighthouse closed at 5. I was kind of OK with it too because it was windy yesterday and the 4 mile bike ride would have been a cold. 

We, also, decided to bake our chicken in the oven instead of grilling since I wanted to make Oven Baked Chicken. 

Oven Baked Chicken
  • 1 lb Chicken Breast, Legs, or Thighs
  • 1/2 Cup Fat Free Italian Dressing 
  • 15 Saltine Crackers- Crust
  • 1/2 Cup French Fried Onions- Crust
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
    • Mix together dressing and ground red pepper.
    • Mix crackers, salt/pepper and fried onions together.
    • Dip chicken in breading and place on a sheet pan lined with foil. You can use a cooling rack to cook the chicken on. This will allow the under side of the chicken to become crisp as well. 
    • Cook for 30-40 minutes or until internal temp is 165 degrees. 

    •   
For dessert I decided to cook a boxes of Chocolate Cake mix that has been calling my name for weeks now. I seen a picture on the box for Molten Lava Chocolate Cake, and I had to have it. Just in case you guys didn't know... I have a small sweet tooth :)

As I was eating my awesomely gooey warm chocolate cake, it reminded me of the biggest chocoholic I know... My best/oldest friend Jennifer. She could live on chocolate alone. I have known Jen since we were in the 7th grade. If I ever need someone to talk to (even at 1 in the morning) she is always there! I'm hoping she can come visit soon. I need some girl time!
 
  

Molten Lava Chocolate Cake with Boxed Cake Mix
  • 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup Oil
  • 1 1/4 Cup Water
    • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
    • Mix ingredients together. 
    • Spray ramekins with none stick cooking spray. 
    • Fill ramekins 3/4 of the way full. 
    • Place ramekins in a baking dish and fill dish 3/4 of the way up, the ramekins, with water.
    • Bake for 12-14 minutes. 
    • Serve warm! 
I made a mess pouring the batter into the ramekins. I only have 4 extra small ramekins, so I used the rest of the batter to make cupcakes. If serving this for guest, sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top and serve with a sliced strawberry.

How can you say no to this face.


The "I'm kicking some ass at COD!" face.

The sexy face. 

The professional face. 
The action face. 

Lazy Sunday! 

They run this house! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...