Sunday, January 22, 2012

Red Mangos

Today, was a nice lazy Sunday. Huck was working, and I pulled out my sewing machine, I received for Christmas, for the first time. I bought fabric last night that looks like the background on my blog and wanted to made a computer bag out of it. After spending HOURS cutting out all the pieces from the pattern I bought, I was ready to sew. I set up my sewing machine and placed my fabric in and started to sew. My needle went down in the machine but never came out. I removed the bobbin and realized that the thread was tangled in the machine. After removing all the thread, I tried again. Same thing happened. I know how to set up a sewing machine. I have used one countless times. I watched the video and looked at the users manual that came in the box and was doing everything right. I'm still confused why it was not working properly. I tried a few more times and just gave up.
Laying out everything for my bag. 
Frustrated with the sewing machine and Huck burnt out on work, we decided it was time to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful weather. Yea High 80's, today!!  

I had more fruit. It just fall down the sides :) 
Ice Cream sounded nice on such a hot day, so we made our way to Red Mango. OMG That is all I can say. It is my new favorite place!!! I was confused at first with how it worked. The lady behind the counter gave us a few sample cups and instructed us to pick our flavor from the wall. The wall had over 20 flavors. All frozen yogurt. There were traditional flavors like vanilla and chocolate and other flavors like pomegranate, pineapple, and raspberry. I picked the pineapple. It really is amazing!! After picking your flavor, you then get to pick your toppings. They have a huge selection of candy toppings, but I do not really like things like gummy bears in my frozen yogurt. As I walked down the topping bar, I found the good stuff. REAL FRUIT. Not fruit in syrup claiming to be real fruit, but real pieces of fresh kiwi, mango, strawberries, star fruit, ect. I loaded up on mango, pineapple, and strawberries. 

The price is $0.49 per ounce too. I originally thought it was $0.49 per topping.  

Huck got Pomegranate frozen yogurt with raspberries, pineapples and mango. The best part is all the flavors are 100% natural and between 20-30 calories an ounce. No reason to feel guilty after!  

He is asleep like this! How is this comfortable?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...