Thursday, January 5, 2012

What a surprise!?!



When I got off work yesterday, I called Huck on my way to Barnes and Noble. I had a frustrating day and started telling him a little about my unhappiness/frustration with my new job, but tried to focus on the positive things. My goal for 2012 is to not complain about work anymore and look for the positives (Glass half full kind of stuff). I told him I finally got to do something today, even if it was just charting (there I go again.) He asked me if I wanted to go to the beach to take pictures and get dinner. I thought that sounded like a nice idea.

We arrived to the beach and started taking pictures. While taking pictures of the waves, we seen dolphins jumping out of the water right off shore. I was so excited, I forgot to take a picture. 

I wanted to use the self-timer on my new camera to get a picture of us, and Huck thought it would be a good idea to put my camera on a post facing the ocean. I have a self-timer continuous setting on my camera, so I set everything up and ran over. The first one came out nice and Huck said "Lets do it again". I set up the camera, hit the button, and ran over to Huck. As I was running over, he pulled something out of his pocket and got down on one knee. I was so surprised. I looked at him and said Really? Really? He said "Will you Marry me?" And of course I said YES! I was completely surprised! I never suspected anything. I really thought we were just taking pictures.

My favorite part about the whole thing is I got a picture of the moment he said "Will you marry me?" It was perfect!! 

While we were standing at the beach, he told me how much it meant to him I gave up everything at home and moved to Florida with him, never thinking twice or doubting him. He also said he felt bad because I spent New Years Eve at home making hats. Little does he know, I thought that was awesome!!    

He also told me he asked my dad if he could marry me while we were home for Christmas. This meant so much to me. It meant a lot to my dad too. He said my dad told him he already felt like he was part of the family. They are the two most important men in my life and it means so much that he respected my dad enough to ask him. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that conversation was. 

He was been planning on asking me for a while now. He has been shopping for rings and finally ordered mine ring online from Shane Co. He even made it himself. He picked it up yesterday and was going to wait until Thursday, but since I was having a bad day, he decided to do it after I got off work. He later told me he was so excited he couldn't wait. 




I was telling Huck "this would be a nice spot for (my sister) Tabby and (her fiance) Michael's engagement pictures or ours haha". Little did I know.






This is the first try with the camera. I still had no idea what was about to happen. (If I did, I would have dressed better, put some makeup on, and fixed my hair.)


 Starting to look a little nervous. He is thinking... Am I really about to do this:)


Not what I expected as I ran over for take two. A perfect proposal. 


I said yes, of course!


We set everything up and posed for this picture. You would think I would have stood up straighter or something.


He was so nervous he held the box upside down. At first, I thought he was showing me an empty box.


January 4, 2012 Future Mrs. Huck Hatcher! One excited girl right here!! 

Now let the planning begin! VEGAS BABY!!

Here is the link for Our Engagement Dinner

3 comments:

  1. he did sooooooo good! beautiful ring, beautiful background, and perfect plan with the self-timer to capture the moment! cant wait for vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared the pictures of the event. I couldn't be any happier for you both. I Love You Both Too. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone wrote on Facebook he should work for Lifetime since he is so good at romance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...