Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jello Arms and Purple Potatoes!

Well, we did not eat dinner early. Around 7, we walked the "LONG" walk over to the gym before we ate dinner. Huck made me work my arms out until I couldn't hold my water. I can only imagine how they will feel over the next two days. We could smell my Slow Cooker Pork before we even walked in the front door. I quickly cooked some fancy potato salad and whipped up some BBQ sauce to go with the pork, so we could eat dinner.


Purple Potato Salad 
  • 1lb Purple Potatoes (or regular potatoes)
  • 1 Hard Boiled Egg- Chopped
  • 1-2 Tbsp Pickle Relish
  • 3 Tbsp Mayo
  • 2 Tbsp Onion- Finely Chopped 
    • Boil potatoes until tender. 
    • Mix together all ingredient in a large bowl. 
    • Serve warm or cold. 
I'm not sure if the purple potatoes were the best choice for potato salad. They became more of mashed potato salad. But the color is amazing. 
A beautiful shade of purple!! 


Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
  • 2 lb Pork Roast
  • 1 cup Beef Stock
  • 2 Tbsp Paprika
  • 2 tsp Ground Red Pepper
  • 1 tsp Ground Mustard
  • 1 Tbsp Ground Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Ground Onion Powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp Salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper
    • Mix all dry ingredients together and rub on to meat. 
    • Allow to marinate for 2-24 hours. The longer the better! 
    • Place meat into slow cooker. 
    • Add one cup stock and one cup water. 
    • Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. 
    • Shred meat in liquid that is left in slow cooker and allow to cook an additional 30 minutes.
    • Serve with toasted buns and pickles. 

    Beerbecue Sauce
    • 1/2 cup Ketcup
    • 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
    • 1/2 cup Beer (I like a strong flavored beer like IPA for the sauce) 
    • 1/8-1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
    • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
    • 1/4 Onion- Fine Dice
    1. Combined ingredients and cook until sauce starts to thicken. 
    I stepped away from the stove for a moment and next thing I knew the BBQ sauce was boiling over the pot and the kitchen was filling with smoke. I was worried that the sauce was going to catch on fire on the eye or the smoke alarm was going to go off. I thought that the flat top stove would be so easy to clean. Boy was I wrong!!! I have had a gas, electric, and now flat top stoves and gas is the only way to go. I have tried a few tips from Pinterest to clean the stove top, but it still has a "dirty" look to it. 

       
    This is burnt BBQ sauce. I really thought it was going to catch on fire. Now, time to enjoy a relaxing evening at home. Tomorrow, we are going to check out the Abacoa Community Garden. Excited to get our hands dirty planting plants, and meeting some of our neighbors. Goodnight!!  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...