Purple Potato Salad
- 1lb Purple Potatoes (or regular potatoes)
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg- Chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Pickle Relish
- 3 Tbsp Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Onion- Finely Chopped
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Mix together all ingredient in a large bowl.
- Serve warm or cold.
I'm not sure if the purple potatoes were the best choice for potato salad. They became more of mashed potato salad. But the color is amazing.
|A beautiful shade of purple!!|
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 2 lb Pork Roast
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground Red Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Ground Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub on to meat.
- Allow to marinate for 2-24 hours. The longer the better!
- Place meat into slow cooker.
- Add one cup stock and one cup water.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Shred meat in liquid that is left in slow cooker and allow to cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with toasted buns and pickles.
- 1/2 cup Ketcup
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Beer (I like a strong flavored beer like IPA for the sauce)
- 1/8-1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Onion- Fine Dice
- Combined ingredients and cook until sauce starts to thicken.
I stepped away from the stove for a moment and next thing I knew the BBQ sauce was boiling over the pot and the kitchen was filling with smoke. I was worried that the sauce was going to catch on fire on the eye or the smoke alarm was going to go off. I thought that the flat top stove would be so easy to clean. Boy was I wrong!!! I have had a gas, electric, and now flat top stoves and gas is the only way to go. I have tried a few tips from Pinterest to clean the stove top, but it still has a "dirty" look to it.
This is burnt BBQ sauce. I really thought it was going to catch on fire. Now, time to enjoy a relaxing evening at home. Tomorrow, we are going to check out the Abacoa Community Garden. Excited to get our hands dirty planting plants, and meeting some of our neighbors. Goodnight!!