I was telling a fellow blogger about some of my beer cookies today and realized, I did not have any posted on my blog. I copied this from my old blog, and now I may have to make a new batch. :)
What will I make with beer today... cookies Duh!!
Cookies meet beer
Stout Oatmeal Cookies
- 6oz stout beer (use something with chocolate, nuts, oatmeal ect.)
- 3/4 cup shortening or butter (I used half butter and half shortening because that is all I had)
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 1\2 cups sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- Beer Glaze (see recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In sauce pan, reduce beer over low heat by half. You will have 3 oz beer when finished. Cool to room temperature before adding to mixture. Stir often because it can burn.
- Mix shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and beer.
- In a different bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add in batches to wet ingredients.
- Finally mix in oats.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of batter and place on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. (I like my cookies gooey so I cooked them for 10-12 minutes. Huck likes his crispy 12-15 minutes.)
- Makes 52 servings.
- 1/2 Cup Reduced beer
- Powdered sugar
90 Calories per cookie with glaze
(Serving size: 1 Tbsp of batter with a drizzle of beer glaze)