Thursday, January 12, 2012

Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout Oatmeal Cookies





I was telling a fellow blogger about some of my beer cookies today and realized, I did not have any posted on my blog. I copied this from my old blog, and now I may have to make a new batch. :)


What will I make with beer today... cookies Duh!!

This beer, by Terrapin, is a Chocolate Milk Stout. Perfect for cookies.


Cookies meet beer


Adding dry ingredients to wet.

Stout Oatmeal Cookies
  • 6oz stout beer (use something with chocolate, nuts, oatmeal ect.)
  • 3/4 cup shortening or butter (I used half butter and half shortening because that is all I had)
  • 1 cups brown sugar
  • 1\2 cups sugar
  • 1 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1cup AP flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 cups oats
  • Beer Glaze (see recipe)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. In sauce pan, reduce beer over low heat by half. You will have 3 oz beer when finished. Cool to room temperature before adding to mixture. Stir often because it can burn.
  3. Mix shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and beer.
  4. In a different bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add in batches to wet ingredients. 
  5. Finally mix in oats. 
  6. Measure out 1 tablespoon of batter and place on lined cookie sheet. 
  7. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. (I like my cookies gooey so I cooked them for 10-12 minutes. Huck likes his crispy 12-15 minutes.)            
            • Makes 52 servings.

Beer Glaze
  • 1/2 Cup Reduced beer
  • Powdered sugar
Mix cooled beer into powdered sugar a teaspoon at a time until you get the consistency and flavor desired.

Calories

90 Calories per cookie with glaze
(Serving size: 1 Tbsp of batter with a drizzle of beer glaze)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...