Sunday, January 22, 2012

BBQ Quesadilla

After completely forgetting about going to the Community Garden Event today, me and Huck rode our bikes to the bank and grocery store. I blame Pinterest and wedding blogs for not going. After seeing pictures online from the garden, it seems to mostly family and kids. Kind of glad me missed it! Screaming kids at 9AM doesn't sound like much fun!

I wore jeans and a black shirt to Publix and it was sweating by the time we got there. It was around 80 and super sunny today, by the way. (HAHAHA) 

I was really proud of us for only going over our Food Budget by $1.50. We bought lots of fresh veggies, fresh fruit, and steak for dinner tonight. I can't wait to share my recipes with you guys for the next week. 

Riding home was interesting with Huck carrying a 12 pack of bottle beer and trying to keep balanced while riding through the parking lot dodging cars. Huck bought a basket rake for his bike, today, so we will not have this problem again. I'm still searching for a basket for mine. It just looks like a basket kind of bike doesn't it? 

Me and my awesome bike with the cold groceries. Helped to keep my back cool on the way back  

Huck with the other half of the groceries and beer. 
For lunch, I used the Leftover Pork to make BBQ Quesadillas. I chopped up some onions and peppers and topped a corn tortilla with shredded pork, onions, peppers, and cheese. I toasted each side for a few minutes until the cheese was melting and tortillas was toasted. We dipped them in the BBQ Sauce, which was the best idea ever!! 


A few grape tomatoes made it a complete meal. 

Doesn't he look like a toddler? :) 

This is one happy Yahoo!

This is not! 

"Really. Really!! I have to wear this hat for you to take a picture... Again? How many pictures do you need!!" 
Huck marinated our steaks and we went to town for a grill pan and dog food. We also found a Jo-Ann Fabric Store. This was a huge mistake on our part. I now have 50 different things I want to make. I can't wait. 

Huck wanted to look for fabric to make side bags for his bike. Huck originally picked out a Camo pattern, but changed his mind last minute. We are going to look online for something, but I think a army green canvas fabric would look great. 

I was overly excited to find fabric that looks like the back ground on my blog. I plan to make an overnight bag with it. Pictures to follow soon! 

I started dinner as soon as we returned home. I made smashed red potatoes and steak with mushrooms and onions with a red wine sauce. 

Smashed Red Potatoes
  • 1 lb Red Potatoes 
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 2-3 Oil
    • Cook potatoes in microwave until tender. 
    • Lay cooked potatoes on cutting board and flatten with hand. Be careful not to burn your hand. I used a towel so the steam did not burn my hand. 
    • Heat oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. 
    • Cook potatoes until golden brown and flip. 
      • These are nice because the inside is tender and the outside is crispy. 
Mushroom and Onion with Red Wine Sauce
  • 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup Sliced Onions
  • 1 cup Water
  • 1/2 cup Red Wine
    • After removing steaks from the pan, deglaze the pan with the water stirring to remove all the brown bites on the bottom of the pan. 
    • Add mushroom and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. 
    • Add wine. Be careful when adding wine because the wine could flame up brief. If this happens, place a lid over the pan to kill the flame. 
    • Reduce sauce down by half and serve over steak.    
Flatten potato before crisping in oil. 
Potatoes cooking in oil. 
Crispy Potatoes! Nothing better!! 
Enjoyed with a glass of the same wine from the sauce. 
Tomorrow, will be back in the 80's again. WOWHOO!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...