I wore jeans and a black shirt to Publix and it was sweating by the time we got there. It was around 80 and super sunny today, by the way. (HAHAHA)
I was really proud of us for only going over our Food Budget by $1.50. We bought lots of fresh veggies, fresh fruit, and steak for dinner tonight. I can't wait to share my recipes with you guys for the next week.
Riding home was interesting with Huck carrying a 12 pack of bottle beer and trying to keep balanced while riding through the parking lot dodging cars. Huck bought a basket rake for his bike, today, so we will not have this problem again. I'm still searching for a basket for mine. It just looks like a basket kind of bike doesn't it?
|Me and my awesome bike with the cold groceries. Helped to keep my back cool on the way back|
|Huck with the other half of the groceries and beer.|
For lunch, I used the Leftover Pork to make BBQ Quesadillas. I chopped up some onions and peppers and topped a corn tortilla with shredded pork, onions, peppers, and cheese. I toasted each side for a few minutes until the cheese was melting and tortillas was toasted. We dipped them in the BBQ Sauce, which was the best idea ever!!
|A few grape tomatoes made it a complete meal.|
|Doesn't he look like a toddler? :)|
|This is one happy Yahoo!|
|This is not!|
|"Really. Really!! I have to wear this hat for you to take a picture... Again? How many pictures do you need!!"|
Huck marinated our steaks and we went to town for a grill pan and dog food. We also found a Jo-Ann Fabric Store. This was a huge mistake on our part. I now have 50 different things I want to make. I can't wait.
Huck wanted to look for fabric to make side bags for his bike. Huck originally picked out a Camo pattern, but changed his mind last minute. We are going to look online for something, but I think a army green canvas fabric would look great.
I was overly excited to find fabric that looks like the back ground on my blog. I plan to make an overnight bag with it. Pictures to follow soon!
I started dinner as soon as we returned home. I made smashed red potatoes and steak with mushrooms and onions with a red wine sauce.
Smashed Red Potatoes
- 1 lb Red Potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 Oil
- Cook potatoes in microwave until tender.
- Lay cooked potatoes on cutting board and flatten with hand. Be careful not to burn your hand. I used a towel so the steam did not burn my hand.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes until golden brown and flip.
- These are nice because the inside is tender and the outside is crispy.
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Sliced Onions
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- After removing steaks from the pan, deglaze the pan with the water stirring to remove all the brown bites on the bottom of the pan.
- Add mushroom and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine. Be careful when adding wine because the wine could flame up brief. If this happens, place a lid over the pan to kill the flame.
- Reduce sauce down by half and serve over steak.
|Flatten potato before crisping in oil.|
|Potatoes cooking in oil.|
|Crispy Potatoes! Nothing better!!|
|Enjoyed with a glass of the same wine from the sauce.|
Tomorrow, will be back in the 80's again. WOWHOO!!!