Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bok Choy

Today was another hot day in South Florida. It is Winter, right?


 London made a friend today too!

London looking cool in his shades!

For dinner tonight, I used some of the Bok Choy from the garden yesterday, for stir fry.

Cashew Chicken
  • 1 Tbsp Oil
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic- Minced
  • 1 Tbsp Ginger- Minced
  • Crushed Red Pepper to Taste
  • 1 Cup Chicken- Diced
  • 1 Bell Pepper- Sliced
  • 3 Cups Bok Choy- Chopped
  • 1 Cup Mushrooms- Chopped
  • 1 Cup Pineapple- I used can 
  • 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
  • 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 2 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
  • 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 2 tsp Corn Starch
  • 1/3-/12 Cup Cashews- Whole or Chopped 
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Heat pan to medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook through. Remove from pan. 
    • Heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minutes. 
    • Add peppers, bok choy, mushrooms, pineapple to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bok choy is wilted. 
    • Mix together orange juice, vinegar, honey, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and corn starch.  
    • Add mixture and chicken to veggies and cook until sauce starts to thicken. 
    • Add cashews and serve. 
      • Serve with white or brown rice or noodles. 

We do not use the word stir fry in our house. I fail every time I try to make one. Huck told me it was the one thing I'm not good at. People I know that can't cook, can make stir fries. Not me!! They always taste Bland... Salty... Mushy... Soy Saucey... Gross... I can keep going :) 

I did not call this a stir fry when I told Huck what I wanted to make for dinner. I told him I was going to saute the veggies with chicken in a sauce... he said "So a stir fry??" "No. Not like stir fry. Like sauteed veggies with chicken in a sauce."

This recipe is my first successful STIR FRY!! :) I can safely call it a stir fry now!! 

I hope everyone had a nice weekend... Back to work tomorrow.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...