For dinner tonight, I used some of the Bok Choy from the garden yesterday, for stir fry.
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic- Minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger- Minced
- Crushed Red Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Chicken- Diced
- 1 Bell Pepper- Sliced
- 3 Cups Bok Choy- Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms- Chopped
- 1 Cup Pineapple- I used can
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/3-/12 Cup Cashews- Whole or Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Heat pan to medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook through. Remove from pan.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add peppers, bok choy, mushrooms, pineapple to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bok choy is wilted.
- Mix together orange juice, vinegar, honey, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and corn starch.
- Add mixture and chicken to veggies and cook until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add cashews and serve.
- Serve with white or brown rice or noodles.
We do not use the word stir fry in our house. I fail every time I try to make one. Huck told me it was the one thing I'm not good at. People I know that can't cook, can make stir fries. Not me!! They always taste Bland... Salty... Mushy... Soy Saucey... Gross... I can keep going :)
I did not call this a stir fry when I told Huck what I wanted to make for dinner. I told him I was going to saute the veggies with chicken in a sauce... he said "So a stir fry??" "No. Not like stir fry. Like sauteed veggies with chicken in a sauce."
This recipe is my first successful STIR FRY!! :) I can safely call it a stir fry now!!
I hope everyone had a nice weekend... Back to work tomorrow.