Saturday, February 4, 2012

Meatloaf and a trip to the Vet


My poor Oopie is sick :'( This morning when we woke up to let him out, he started doing what kind of sounds like a reverse sneeze. It really worried us because he would start "coughing" and sounded like he was gasping for air. We decided to take him to the Vet when his coughing spells started lasting longer and longer.


The vet told us it could be a number of things. Reverse sneeze, something stuck in his throat, heart worms or a collapsed trachea. We decided to test him for heart worm since we did not give him his heart worm pill in over a month, and it came back negative.

The vet advised us to watch him and follow up in a few days. Huck's sister told me collapsed trachea and reverse sneezes are common in older little dogs. I hope this is something that goes away. It breaks my heart to watch him struggling to breath.

For breakfast this morning, I used some of oats from my Apple Crisp recipe on top of my yogurt. I saved some of the extra topping and toasted it on a baking sheet for 20 minutes. I allowed it to cool and stored in a freezer bag.


For lunch we hopped on our bikes and rode to Sal's Italian Ristorante. Huck ordered the lunch special with salad, 1 slice cheese pizza, and 1/2 Italian Sub for $6.99. It is such a great deal.


I changed it up a little and ordered the lunch special with salad, Cavatelli Primavera Pasta, and garlic rolls. The pasta came with zucchini, yellow squash, and broccoli. It was good. I was so surprised with the portion size. I figured since it was the lunch special, and only cost &7.99, it would be a lot smaller.


After we got back from the vet and I straightened up, I prepped dinner and popped it in the oven before taking Guinness for a run. Either. I was really slacking tonight or he just had a lot of energy. I wasn't fast enough for him, for sure. It really makes me mad when he stops, pees, and keeps going without effecting my running. It is like he is saying HAHA slow poke.

Meatloaf

  • 1 lb Ground Turkey Breast
  • 1/2 Red Onion- Finely Chopped
  • 2 Cloves Garlic- Finely Chopped
  • 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs 
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce 
  • 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 1/2 Cup Ketchup 
    • Preheat oven to 350.
    • Mix together meat, onion, garlic, tomato paste, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. 
    • Spray pan with cooking spray and form meat into a loaf shape. I was hungry tonight, so I made mine thin. 
    • Top with ketchup and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
    • Remove foil and cook for a additional 15 minutes. 
    • For the last few minutes I turned the broiler on to crisp up the top.
    • Serve and Enjoy!  
      • I use the same ingredients for my meatballs, as well.   
Twice Baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheese
  • 2 Medium Potatoes (I used leftover red potatoes but they were a little "gummy".)
  • 1/2 Cup Frozen Broccoli- Chopped
  • 2 Tbsp Low Fat Veggie Cream Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste 
  • Extra Cheese for Topper
    • Microwave potatoes until tender. 
    • Slice in half and scope out some of the potato and add to bowl. 
    • Mix potatoes with broccoli, cream cheese, and salt and pepper. 
    • Add potato mixture to potato skins and top with extra cheese. 
    • Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. 
      • Enjoy! 





Huck went to bed early tonight, and I am up blogging and learning Spanish. At the same time! Ultimate multitasking! :) 

Well, I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...