Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Legless Turkey

Today was a nice day for doing nothing. It was way to cold to venture outside. It only hit 65 degrees!! Huck was making fun of me today for a comment I made. I wake up around 8 every morning, but like to lay in bed for 15-30 minutes playing on my phone before I actually get up. I told him I like to lay in bed and relax before moving to the couch to watch TV. I was joking but today it was true. I got up and come straight to the couch.

I did clean up and went to the gym, so I didn't just lay around "all day". I have been running the past 2 weeks. I am not a runner at all, today, I did a mile in 12 minutes. I was pretty proud of myself. Considering I couldn't run a 1/2 mile 2 weeks ago, I think I am getting better.

Ginny enjoyed the cool weather today, too. 

He can, also, be sweet sometime. 

For dinner, I cooked a turkey breast we bought at Publix last week.

Spicy Turkey

  • 5 lb Turkey Breast 
  • 2 Tbsp Butter
  • 2 Tbsp Salt Free Cajun Spice
  • Salt to Taste
    • Preheat oven to 325
    • Mix butter and Cajun spice together in a bowl.
    • Rub mixture on turkey getting some under the skin. 
    • Roast covered in foil for 2 hours basting with juices in pan. 
    • Cook for 20 minutes per pound. My turkey took about 2 hours. 
    • Remove foil from turkey in the last 20 minutes so the skin can brown. 
    • Remove form oven and enjoy.
I served our Turkey with Mushroom Gravy. We are going crazy with the mushrooms not that I know I can eat them.

Mary's Mushroom Gravy


  • One can Mushroom Soup Mix- I used Roasted Garlic
  • 1/2 Cup Water
  • 1 tsp A1 Steak Sauce
    • Combine ingredients and cook on low until warm. 
      • Serve with turkey and mashed potatoes.
I served the gravy with smashed potatoes, corn, and broccoli. 

Looks like Thanksgiving dinner! 
I'm a sucker for Crispy Skin!!

In the first few weeks of my blog, I was lucky to have 20 views a day on my blog. Now I average 100. It is crazy to me that 100 people looked at my blog. Or my mom and Huck's mom looked at it 100 times a day :). If you like my blog be sure to go to my Facebook Page and feel free to leave a comments. I'd love to hear from you guys about ways to make my blog better or any question you have about recipes or anything in general. 

I hope everyone enjoyed there weekend. Back to the real world tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. It's the parents! LOL My mom hits my blog at least once a day herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not want to hear about how COLD it is in Florida ever again!! Also your food pic here is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...