- 2 lb Skirt Steak
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Red Pepper (We like this stuff!)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic- Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper- Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper- Sliced (This is the one from our trip to the garden)
- 1/2 Large Red Onion- Sliced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms- Sliced
- Mix together all seasons and rub onto steak. Allow meat to marinate for 20 minutes while you slice veggies.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Add peppers, onions, and mushrooms to pan.
- Saute for 5 minutes. Remove veggies from pan and add steak.
- Cook steak for 2-3 minutes per side. I like my steak medium rare. Cook longer depending on your preference.
- Remove steak from pan and allow to rest. Add peppers, onions, and mushrooms back to pan to warm.
- Slice steak on a bias, against the grain.
- Mix steak with veggies and serve with your favorite fajita toppings.
I really like these Tortilla. They are only 71 calories, high in fiber, and taste great.
For my burrito, I added refried beans with my fajita mix. I added lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and salsa. I could have just ate the peppers and onions. They were cooked perfectly!
I enjoyed a beer Huck brought home from his buddy Justin's brewery in Tampa, Seventh Sun Brewing with dinner tonight, as well. The Beer was called Midnight Madness. It was a German Berliner Weisse style beer (A sour Wheat). Justin and Devon, the owners, are very passionate about beer. Seventh Sun offers a tasting room that is open Wednesday-Sunday. If you are ever in Tampa, make sure to check them out!!
Well that ends another WIAW! If you like these recipes, check out my recipe tab. You can find other veggie filled recipes!