Friday, February 10, 2012

Kashi Crusted Chicken... Really!

For lunch today, me and Huck cooked a Frozen Pizza. I added some extra peppers and mushrooms to make it a little healthier. I haven't had a frozen pizza in YEARS!!

Oh yea, Huck added ham too. 

I was really impressed with how good it was for a frozen pizza.

After going to the gym and running, Huck decided he wanted me to do another Chop Challenge. This challenge was a little harder then last time.

Kashi Go Lean Crisp Cereal with Berries 

An Orange
Chipotle and Lime Whole Wheat Pasta

I also had to use Chicken Legs but didn't get a picture. 

Kashi Go Lean Crisp Cereal Crusted Chicken 

  • 6 Chicken Legs- Skin Removed
  • 3/4 Cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble- Finely Crushed
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 1/4 Cup Fat Free Italian Dressing 
    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
    • Season chicken with salt and pepper.
    • Coat in dressing and then cereal. 
    • Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
I thought for sure this was going to be gross. Sweet cereal on my chicken. Eww. I could smell the berries as it was cooking. Huck told me it tasted good, and I didn't believe him. When I finally tried a piece, I couldn't believe it. It tasted really good! I know it sounds weird, but trust me. It was really good! 

I cooked two regular legs just in case the cereal ones tasted bad. We didn't even eat them.


Chipotle Pasta Salad
  • 1/2 lb Pasta
  • 6 Mini Pepper- Sliced
  • 1 Cup Mushrooms- Chopped
  • 3 Roma Tomatoes- Chopped
  • 10ish Greenbeans
  • 1/2 Cup Pearl Onions 
  • 3 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
  • 1/2 Cup Salsa
  • Juice from 1 Orange
  • 1 Tbsp Lime
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
    • Boil pasta according to package directions.
    • Saute vegetables in a pan on medium. 
    •  Mix together salsa, lime, orange, honey, and vinegar in a bowl. 
    • Add cooked pasta to vegetables and add salsa mixture. 
    • Combine and season with salt and pepper. 
      • Enjoy!!


You know it is going to be good with all the colors. 



I did not like the chipotle and lime pasta. It had a strange processed taste to it. Huck liked it though. I still can't believe how good the chicken was. I will make this again!!! 

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Tomorrow we are getting out of the house and enjoying the South Florida Winter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...