Rainbow Chard Omelet
- 2 Leaves of Swiss Chard- Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Bell Pepper- Diced
- 2 Slices Turkey Bacon- Diced
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese- Shredded
- 4 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cooking Spray
- Heat pan to medium. Spray pan with cooking spray and add turkey, peppers, and chard. Saute until greens are wilted and bacon crispy.
- Remove from pan. Mix together 2 eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan to medium and spray pan with cooking spray and add eggs.
- Stir eggs and allow to set. Route pan to allow raw eggs on top to cook on pan.
- Add veggies, bacon, and cheese to center.
- Fold eggs over 1/3 of the way.
- Pick pan up and roll omelet onto plate and serve with extra cheese, salsa, or hot sauce if desired.
Today, we enjoyed the gloomy weather by riding our bikes around the beach. It was really windy out, and the kite surfers were all over the beach.
|So were the Man O' Wars|
|Just a few of the Kite Surfers.|
For lunch, we ventured to downtown Abacoa. We decided to try Rooney's Public House. It is an Irish Pub. I ordered a cup of Potato Leek Soup and a Side Salad. I wasn't that hungry and trying to be cheap :)
Huck ordered the Shepherds Pie. It was really good. The potatoes and meat were well seasoned.
After lunch, we came home and spent sometime talking to our family in Georgia on Skype. Skype is the greatest thing ever. We used it when Huck was working in Florida, and I was still living in Georgia. I wish I knew about Skype when I was in Italy. I could have saved $800 in phone calls to Huck and my parents.
I really enjoyed seeing my parents face. I miss them and putting a face with the voice made me feel like they were not that far away. I talked to my mom and dad for an hour before Huck talked to his mom. I'm hoping my sister Tabby will set up an account this week so I can see her too.
London was tired from all the attention he got from our parents today. My mom loves her Granddogs. :)
What toppings do you like on your omelets?