Homemade Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home
- 1/4 Cup Crunch Peanut Butter
- 2.5 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cup Old-Fashion Oats
- 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Golden Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine Peanut Butter, Honey, Egg, Oil, and Vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine Oats, Sugar, and Salt.
- Add wet ingredients into oat mixture. Combine fully.
- Add chocolate chips an raisins and combine.
- Place mixture in a greased baking dish. (I used a 9x9 with foil for easy removal from pan)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
This recipe makes 8 average size bars. Each less than 200 calories. Can't beat that!!
I crumbled 1/2 of a granola bar in with a bowl with Chobani Champions Greek Yogurt (The Honey-Nana flavor) and sliced strawberries.
I really like most Chobani flavors, but Honey-Nana is not one of them. Guess, I will be sticking with the grown up versions for now :)
Lunch was a hodgepodge of leftovers from Cartina Laredo. I had a stuffed jalapeno, pork taco, chicken quesadillas, and a steak and shrimp skewer. I also enjoyed a much needed Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.
|Crappy camera phone!|
Today is one of the rare days I do not feel like cooking dinner. I may not cook really big meals every night, but I hardly ever do not want to cook anything. It is a lay on the couch and watch TV kind of day.
For dinner, I cooked a frozen pizza and added extra peppers and onion. I served my pizza with a salad with Italian Dressing.
|This dressing was really good and only 45 calories for 2 Tbsp.|