I cooked Spaghetti Squash in the microwave for the first time tonight. I googled information on how to cook the squash and a couple of sites said 10 minutes for a whole squash. After 10 minutes it still felt really hard, so I started the microwave for another 10 minutes. After an extra 5 minutes and 36 second, as I was standing by the door, I heard a huge bang! After screaming out loud, as I was running out of the kitchen, I realized it was just the squash. I thought a bomb went off in my kitchen.
I needed to clean the microwave anyways.
I made meatballs for dinner to go with my squash.
Meatballs Florentine with Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Eggplant- Diced
- 1 lb Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/4 Onion- Finely Chopped
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic- Minced
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach- Thawed, Drained and Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese- Grated
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs (This is all I had, but they added a great texture to the meatballs)
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Cheese (I used Mozzarella and Parmesan)
- Cook squash in microwave for 10 minutes (NO LONGER). Allow to cool and cut in half remove seeds and fibers. Using a fork scrape the squash out.
- Mix together turkey, onion, garlic, spinach, Panko, Parmesan cheese, ketchup, worcestershire, salt and pepper. Do not over mix the meat mixture. Form the meatballs to golf ball size.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add meatballs. I like my meatballs crispy on the outside, so I cooked them longer and at a higher heat. If you do not like them as dark, cook at a lower temperature.
- Cook meatballs until the inside is no longer pink.
- Remove meatballs from pan and add eggplant. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together squash, salt, pepper, eggplant, and marinara sauce.
- Add to a baking dish.
- Top with meatballs and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake in the oven at 450 until cheese melts and cheese starts to brown.
- Serve warm
Dinner tonight was followed by Chocolate Pudding for dessert!
Now time for Pretty in Pink and bed! Goodnight!