Tuesday, February 7, 2012

IT IS 1130?!?!

Forgive me for the short post. I am tired and ready for bed. I did not realize until just now it is 1130!!


My day started with a banana and peanut butter and jelly toast. Great way to get the day going!

I received a phone call today from one of the editors of the local paper. She called to let me know my recipe and article are going to be in the paper. My articles and recipe will become a regular part of the newspaper. I will be writing about locally grown food and coming up with recipes to go along with it. 

I'm really excited about this. The paper, also, has an article about someone in the community each month, and she would like to interview me. So, not only will I have recipes in the paper, I will have an article about me. WOWHOO.!! As my sister say, I'm going to be famous :) 

Dinner

To tell you what I made for dinner tonight, I must start with dinner from last night. I did not like the pork chops from last night and wasn't going to post them, but my pot pie was so good I figured I would.

And the veggies were great!

I used my grill pan and cooked the pork chops with salt, pepper, and ground red pepper.


I cooked the brussels sprout and okra with garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. I served with a boxed brown rice pilaf. Super easy dinner.

I had a couple of chops leftover and decided to chop them up and make Pork Pot Pie for dinner, tonight.

Pork Pot Pie

  • 1/2 lb Pork Chops- Cooked and Diced
  • 1 Bag Frozen Vegetable Mix
  • 1 Can 99% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup Mix
  • 2 Gloves Garlic- Chopped
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1 Can Beer
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
  • 1/3 Cup Cold Butter
    • Preheat oven to 425.
    • Mix together pork, veggies, soup mix, garlic, salt, and pepper.
    • In another bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
    • Using a fork, combine butter into flour. 
    • Add 3/4 of beer. If consistency is a thick or dry, add the rest of the beer. 
    • Add veggie mixture to baking dish and top with biscuit dough. 
    • Bake for 25 minutes or until dough is cook through. 
      • Enjoy!

A little messy. Make sure you use a cookie sheet! 


 
Tomorrow, I will work on my post earlier, so it make a little more sense and I'm not falling asleep while typing! Goodnight!!

1 comment:

  1. Your dad thought you got the idea of pork pot pie from me. Love Ya Don't know what select profile means, sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...