Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIAW Week 2





Welcome to another WIAW.

I wanted an egg sandwich for breakfast this morning, but the only bread we had was a hamburger bun. A few weeks ago I used sausage and eggs to make my Breakfast Hotdog, so I thought, why not make a breakfast hamburger. It was a great way to use leftover buns.


For lunch today, I also used up a few other leftovers in the fridge. (I hate to waste food!) The other day, I made Grilled Fish Tacos and Black Bean Soup. I added the small piece of fish we had left with the rest of the soup and mango. I enjoyed my leftovers with grape tomatoes. 


I almost ate them all before I took a picture. 

Free Stuff!

Today at work, some of the girls were talking about their appointments at the Laser Hair Removal Office we refer patients too. I asked if we get a discount, and they said yea... 100% off! WHAT?? I plan to make my appointment first time in the morning. Huck was really excited too. I keep telling him I want laser hair removal and now he doesn't have to pay for it :) I'm scared it will hurt though :\ I need to do some research! 

Back to the Food 

For dinner Huck picked up some Porterhouse T'Bones from Publix. I know we eat to much steak, but Huck does a great job marinating them!! I served our steak with Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes. 

I like my steak rare to medium rare. The only way to eat it!! 

Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms
  • 12 oz Brussels Sprouts- Larger ones cut in half
  • 1/2 Medium Red Onion-Chopped 
  • 3 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
  • 6 oz Mushrooms- Slices
  • 4 Slices Bacon- Cooked and Chopped 
    • Cook bacon in oven at 400 degrees until the desired crispiness. 
    • Reserve 1 Tbsp of the bacon grease and add to pan on medium heat. 
    • Add Brussels Sprouts and onion to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until sprouts start to brown.
    • Add mushrooms, bacon, and garlic and cook an extra 10 minutes.


Garlic Potatoes
  • 1 lb Red Potatoes- Diced
  • 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 Gloves Garlic- Finely Minced
  • 1 Tbsp Rosemary- Finely Chopped 
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
    • Boil potatoes until tender. 
    • Drain potatoes and return to pan. 
    • Stir in oil, garlic, rosemary, and salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...