I eat lunch at the picnic tables outside at work everyday, but today, it was too windy. I was talking to Huck as I got in my car and was really confused. There were all these pictures all over the steering wheel, dash, and ceiling. I asked him if he put those there before I left this morning (Like I could have missed that). He laughed at me and said he came by my work and decorated my car to help make my day a little better. I sat in my car for a while before noticing the balloon and card in the passenger seat.
How can you have a bad day with surprise pictures, balloons, and cards in your car? Be jealous ... He is all mine!! :)
Really how did I miss this?
He is beating me right now in sweet romantic stuff. I have to catch up!!
For dinner tonight, I tried something a little different.
- 1/2 lb Shrimp- Peeled and De-veined
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Bell Pepper- Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion- Chopped
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic- Chopped
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Ro Tel
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers, onion, and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add Shrimp and continue cooking an additional 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve over Cheesy Grits
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic- Chopped
- 6 Tbsp Quick Cooking Grits
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Goat Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat another pan over medium heat and add oil and garlic.
- Stir in grits and add water.
- Whisk in cheeses.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover with lid and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Check seasonings and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
I used the goat cheese because I wanted to add some creaminess to the grits. It actually tasted really good! I hope you try this. It was simple, yet so good! And would be a great way to celebrate Fat Tuesday, tomorrow.
If you do not have shrimp or do not like shrimp (Jennifer), fish or chicken would work great too.
Now time to relax and watch some House Hunters International. Because of this show, I want to live everywhere! Am I the only one?