Monday, December 12, 2011

Blue Ribbon

Tonight, I used some chicken breast to make my version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. I used pretzels because I didn't have bread crumbs. Pretzels and mustard are a common food pairing, so I decided to make a mustard dipping sauce. And if I was going to use pretzels and mustard, I had to incorporate beer into this dish.

Pretzel Crusted Chicken Cordon Bleu

  • 4 Chicken Breast
  • 2 Cups Pretzel (grind in food processor)
  • 1/2 Cup Spent Grains (Optional)
  • 1/4 Fat Free Italian Dressing
  • 4 Slices Cheese
  • 4 Slices Ham
    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    • Lay chicken flat on cutting board. Slice in middle of chicken to butterfly chicken. 
    • Place cheese and ham inside chicken and fold over. You can secure with toothpicks if needed. 
    • Dip chicken in dressing and then in pretzels. I cooked my chicken on a wired rack so they would be crunchy on all sides. 
    • Spray with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake for 20-25 minutes. 
Mustard and Beer Sauce
  • 1/2 Cup Beer (I used an IPA but it was to strong. Next time, I would use a Lager or Pale Ale)
  • 1/4 Cup Mustard
  • 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tbsp Honey
    • Combine all ingredients and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes. 
      • I added a lot of extra sugar to tame the bitterness from the beer. Adjust the flavors according to the beer you use. 



Our dinner table
 I also had an interview with "Mr. Why" today. It was the worst interview every!! The doctor would ask me a question and before I could completely answer he was asking me WHY?? The office manager explained to me they have over "700" calls a day and "100" faxes, and I would be responsible for taking care of all of them "Can you handle it?" When I said yes the doctor asked me "Are you sure?" I bet you can guess what he said when I answered yes. I was about to walk out when Mr. Why decided he was tired of being a jerk. Oh, he also explained to me that he yells when he gets mad and if you mess up he will yell at you. WOW I really hope I get a call back from them!! NOT!! I think I am just going to help Huck. I can't handle anyone of these horrible interviews.  

1 comment:

  1. aww that sucks your interview girl! i hope you find something soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...