Sunday, December 4, 2011

Date Night

December 2, 2011

Tonight, we went to Downtown at The Gardens to watch the "Light Extravaganza". It wasn't very extravagant! We walked around the mall after watching the lights and found my new favorite store, Sur La Table. We bought a few cookie cutters, it was the only thing I could afford! Downtown is only 10 minutes from our house too. The area has a lot of nice restaurants, the mall, movie theater, and a Whole Foods.







We also picked out a Christmas Tree. It doesn't feel like Christmas when you get a tree in Flip Flops and a Tank Top.









Oh and Downtown also has the coolest store ever. Sloan's Ice Cream. They really like their Ice Cream too at $4.99 a scope.









For dinner, I made Asian Glazed Chicken, "Fried Rice", and Roasted Veggies.

For the Chicken, I used a recipe I tried on Skinny Taste. I followed the recipe, but I had to cook my glaze for 8-10 extra minutes for it to thicken. I seen the picture on her website for this and thought it looked amazing, but when I seen it called for Balsamic I thought twice about making it. I'm really glad I tried it!!

My fried rice was more like mushy rice. Me and Rice have our moments. Sometimes it turns out fine and others it is the perfect consistency for rice pudding. I added carrots, onion, bacon, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, and one scrambled egg to my mushy, and luckily it tasted really good. I'm sure anyone with a Culinary background would have been disgusted by it!

The Veggies were seasoned with a little Olive Oil and salt and pepper and roasted at 350 for 20 minutes. I sprinkled
a little Sesame Seeds on them before serving.





We also decorated the tree tonight.

We always pick out the "special" tree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...