Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Key Largo

Today, Huck had a claim in Key Largo, 2.5 hours away. After he looked at his claim, we stopped at The Fish House, recommended by the homeowner. The Fish House is a restaurant and fish market.

The lights were pretty cool.



I ordered the baked stuffed fish of the day, which was Mahi. The menu described it as "enhanced with blue crab stuffing", more stuffing then crab, but I love stuffing and crab, so it was definitely a good choice. More crab and it would have been perfect.



Huck ordered the Matecumbe. One of the house specialties. It was a piece of Mahi "topped with fresh tomatoes, shallots, basil, capers, olive oil, and lemon juice, then baked. The Fish House's original creation, often copied, but never duplicated! Featured on The Food Network Food Nation with Bobby Flay and in Cooking Light Magazine." I personally did not find this dish that tasty. I make a dish similar to this and me and Huck both agreed mine tasted better. It made me feel good when Huck told me he thought mine was better. I add a lot of wine :) Everything is better with alcohol.

Bake Stuff Mahi with Beans and Rice 

Matecumbe with Fries 

Jud ordered the Fish Tacos with Fries 



I LOVE Key Lime Pie so when I seen they had an "Award Winning" Pie I had to try it. Once I removed the meringue off the top, it was amazing and creamy, and crunchy, and did I say amazing?  

Oh and on your birthday, instead of bring you a piece of cake with a candle, they bring out a whole fish with a candle. They also take a picture of you and your fish and you get a copy of it before you leave. 


On our way home, we stopped by Bx Beer Depot so Huck could get his supplies for his next beer. While he was picking out his grains and yeast, I tried this GingerBread Ale. I enjoyed this beer and have a few recipes I would like to try it in, but at $12 a 4 pack, I will pass.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...