Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pancakes!

This morning I woke up craving pancakes. The craving started on Sunday at Bob Evans, but this morning I could not fight it anymore.

I have a basic pancake I copied from a basic culinary skills book I borrowed from the library a while back.

Pancakes

  • 1 1/4 Cup Flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon 
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
    • Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Combine with sugar.
    • Mix together egg, butter, vanilla, and milk. Add wet ingredients into dry. 
    • Heat a skillet to medium high heat.
    • Spray pan with cooking spray or a teaspoon of butter.
    • Add 1/4 cup of batter into pan. 
    • Pancakes are ready to flip when bottom is golden brown. 
      • Serve with syrup and powdered sugar
I added the cinnamon and vanilla for a little something extra. They are both optional, but highly recommended. I only made half of this recipe and they turned out great. Since Huck doesn't like pancakes (Crazy right?), I still had a few left over. I wrapped them in plastic wrap and placed in a ziplock bag in the freezer. You can warm them up in the toaster when you are in the mood for pancakes again. This way is a lot cheaper then buying store bought pancakes or waffles. I also make a recipe for Bluebeerry Pancakes. I used blueberry beer instead of milk. They tasted like they were cooked with fresh blueberries. Any fruity beer would work too.


Huck warmed up some Jalapeno sausage which was a nice balance with the sweet pancakes and syrup  
Huck snapped a picture of me sleeping this morning too. Does this look familiar??



 Just like his mommy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...