Saturday, December 17, 2011

Breakfast Hotdog

Last night after dinner, me and Huck took the yahoos downtown to get a beer. We ordered the beer; they ordered a water. I was nervous to sit on the patio with them, but after the one mile walk and their run earlier in the day, they were pretty claim. We went to JJ Muggs Grill again. I ordered Huck a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA and I had a Stella Artois. Ginny was the winner for complements last night, but in London's defense, he was sleeping under my chair. We walked a total of 3 miles last night and London did a great job of keeping up. Even after his 1/2 mile run with Huck earlier in the day.

We also realized, last night, that Abacoa reminds us of an episode from the Jersey Shore. It makes for great people watching though.













This morning, while cooking the jalapeno sausage and a fried egg, I realized there was no bread. I did find a hot dog bun from the other day, so I decided to make a breakfast hot dog. I also toasted the bun under the broiler on each side for a minute or so. Toasting it this way always the outside to toast and the inside to steam. My new favorite way to warm a hot dog bun. You should try it.



What other uses do you have for leftover hot dog or hamburger buns? 


PS. I start my new job Monday. Monday-Wednesday 8:30-5. It is only part time, but at this point I will take anything (almost) and I can still drive Huck to and from his claims on my days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...